Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

May 7, 2012

{31 Days of Blogging} Day 7 - Pet Peeves

We all have them. Those little things that people do that just drive us crazy. Today's Blogging Challenge prompt is Pet Peeves, or as Boy Oh Boy says it, Pet hates. I have my fair share. You want to know the funny thing though, I know I have them, but when asked what they are, my mind tends to draw a blank. Luckily this time around, I have time to think about them. 
If you are following these posts, you may remember I went to school for Secondary English Education. Can you guess where I may be going with this? 

Pet Peeve Number One: Those who ignore Simple Language Rules! Some examples would be.... "they're" "their" "there"..."it's" "its"... using the letters "ne" for "any"... and the like. I would sometimes say, run-on sentences and no capital letters, but I can be just as guilty as others for those offences.
Number Two: People who write on the computer in ALL CAPS. In computer/internet language, this is YELLING. I would much rather see no capital letters than all capital letters; to be quite honest.
Number Three: Fake people. Also, mean people. I usually just choose not to be around people that are going to be negative or do everything they can to just put on a facade and not show the real person inside. 

I am sure there are more than just those three, but for now, I am going to leave you with that.

Until next time... Happy Spelling!

3 comments:

Katie Vyktoriah said...

I love that little graphic! So cute and apt. I am with you on these pet peeves, though. Infuriating!

Unknown said...

Very restrained with just 3!

Lyn said...

JanMary - I could have listed more I am sure. My mind likes to draw blanks though when I am actually trying to list my pet peeves.

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.