Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Jan 8, 2010

I did it!

I did it! I have finally gotten the time and design to make my first diaper insert. I think some of the most time consuming part of the design process was the research into size and materials to make the best insert I could with materials I would not have to order online in order to make the insert. I came up with one layer of flannel to make the insert nice and soft against the skin (if left to be against baby's skin), followed by two layers of microfiber and two layers of quality cotton. I decided to use a fairly common measurement of 5.5" by 12".
I like microfiber for the absorbant layers to quickly take in the wetness, but the feeling it has whenever I handle it and the way it loves to cling on for dear life to anything it touches in the dryer, made it that I didn't want it to be the only material I used. Anyway, here are some pictures I took of my insert.




6 comments:

Emily's Family said...

You go girl, I am so impressed!!!!

Lyn said...

Thank you. I am feeling about the same way. I have two moms who will be field testing some inserts and then you might even see these for sale at my Lynifer site.
Lynifer.webs.com

Carly said...

Wow great job.

Green Mama said...

great job! It is so cute! Did you use a serger? I need to make some inserts, I have all the fabric I need, I just need the time! I've only made one, I made it really long and then it can be folded in half, so it dries faster...that one was organic cotton fleece (I think!)

Green Mama said...

great job! It is so cute! Did you use a serger? I need to make some inserts, I have all the fabric I need, I just need the time! I've only made one, I made it really long and then it can be folded in half, so it dries faster...that one was organic cotton fleece (I think!)

Lyn said...

I do not have a serger per say but the sewing machine I own can do a few serging stitches. I was so happy when I learned that I could serge with my machine. It makes insert making much easier.

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.