Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Sep 10, 2010

Let the madness begin

So, the other day I posted about sewing up my very first diaper. Well, that opened the floodgates of sewing all over again. So far I have made four diapers and more cloth wipes. I have two baby diapers, a one size, and a large Cloth Revolution diaper for LJ. I had a bunch of 6x6 cloth wipes that I had cut out months ago from an old receiving blanket. Today I finished up serging the last of those wipes and I just cut out like 15 or so more wipes from an oh so cute crazy bananas monkey fabric I got at Jo-Ann Fabrics as a remnant the other night. :)
Oh yeah. That crazy banana fabric is also going to be on the outside of one of my baby diapers. I cut out an outer layer using the Tighty Whitey Hipster pattern from Little Comet Tails.  I think it is going to be super cute when I get that diaper made too. Of course when I hit up Walmart today I found some great solid flannel for nice and cheap (great for all the inners I am making) and a really cute green and blue circle patterned flannel.
I have found that I am in love with flannel but go through it way too fast. I am starting to hit up family for old flannel sheets or shirts or anything material they aren't going to use anymore but still has some life left in it. Oh my! I am sure they are thinking I am getting a bit nuts. I know my granma loves it though because she is super frugal and loves to see me using cloth diapers instead of disposables.
I don't know if the fact that I can make a diaper in like an hour is what is causing this madness to sew up diapers like there's no tomorrow if it is my nesting instinct that wants to make diapers for baby instead of getting the house all unpacked and cleaned is the cause. Either way, I am having tons of fun making diapers for my little ones. If I only ever have the one x-small fitted from Mother-Ease and a few store bought covers for my Peanut, I think that would be awesome (though I do love some of the brands out there).

For all my sew-ers out there, have you gotten on kicks of making a bunch of one thing? Have you ever tried making cloth diapers, and did you find it addicting and easier than you thought it would be?
Until next time.... Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.