Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Feb 17, 2011

LBBE - Baby K'tan ***Review & Discount!***

One thing that I love to be able to do with my children is wear them as much as possible. With LJ this was through a sling carrier that I purchased. The main hurdle I had with that was LJ was tiny and the sling was meant from birth to toddler and he just sank in to this sling, no matter how much I tried to roll the fabric to make the sling smaller for him. I also received an infantino soft carrier as a shower gift, but again, small babies just don't work well with those.

I knew that when I had another child, I wanted to look at some of my other options for babywearing. I started my research early and there are a TON of options out there in many price ranges. I like the idea of a wrap, i.e. Moby, and the ease of slings, but they still weren't quite doing it for me. Then I found a great mix for the soft carrier world. In steps the Baby K'tan.


Here is some info from their site:

The Baby K'tan® Baby Carrier (patent pending) is a 100% natural cotton, ergonomically designed & stylish soft hybrid baby carrier. Offered in hip neutral colors, the Baby K'tan is a cross between a sling and a structured front baby carrier, offering the positions and benefits of both!
The stylish and soft nature of the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier will last as your baby grows (up to 35 pounds – one of the most durable of its kind!) providing comfort alongside simple and convenient maintenance – all in an exclusive design that can be worn in multiple wearing positions.Using the Baby K’tan infant carrier your baby can be carried upright (facing in or out), and as they get older, they can be carried on your hip.



I received my Baby K'tan the day after we came home from the hospital. Talk about good timing! I really could not wait to try it out. Since I had checked out their YouTube site before getting the carrier, I knew how to put it on with ease. The instruction manual that comes with the carrier also makes things really easy for first timers. Right away I was able to get Baby C (along with her blankets) in to the carrier. 
So far we have taken two trips out with the Baby K'tan. Our first trip was to Target and I made sure to have my K'tan in our diaper bag in case she was sick of sitting in her car seat. It of course happened and for me to be able to push the cart and hold her, I had to put her in the K'tan. It was so easy and she was more than happy to be snuggled up next to mommy and within a few minutes she was falling asleep while sucking on my finger (she loves to do that when falling asleep). A few days later we went to Walmart, and I knew that I was going to wear her from the moment we left the car. It was a nicer day in our area so I was able to go without a jacket and that made it a little easier for me. We had Baby C dressed nice and warm so that she wouldn't really even notice coming out of the car seat and warmth. I was able to get her in the K'tan in like a minute and she was out cold. Baby C slept the entire time we were at the store and I know she loved being in the Baby K'tan.

Another thing that I always love about wearing my children when I can, is that I can spread the babywearing love with others who comment on my carrier. While on our second store trip I got at least two comments directed to me and I overheard many more. The more moms see others wearing their babies and the ease with which to do it, the more they will consider wearing their babies and the benefits of that are staggering.







Really, I can't say enough good things about this carrier. I love it! I am so glad that I now have a Baby K'tan so I can carry Baby C with ease and without having straps to tie or rings to adjust. Oh, and I must take a moment to talk about the customer service within the company. I have had such a great experience working with this company. When corresponding with them, I always heard back within a day or two (that was mostly over weekends) and everything was processed very quickly. I have enjoyed every part of this review and I know that I would work with company again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend the Baby K'tan to any new or soon-to-be parent. 
You can  check out the Baby K'tan website for a ton of more information about their great products or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube


***Buy It***
The Baby K'tan retails for between $62-$74. There are also great accessories available on the site to accompany your Baby K'tan. 

***Discount It!***
I have been given the opportunity to offer up a great discount to my readers. This code is good for 10% off purchases made on their online store. The code will be valid from 2/16/11 through 4/19/11! 
Code: Lynifer

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.