Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Apr 12, 2010

Is it Saturday yet?

This is a rough week and it has barely begun! Hubby is away this week for work. He left Friday morning and won't be home until Saturday morning sometime. The only reason he is coming home this weekend is because it is LJ's second birthday! If it wasn't LJ's birthday and party this weekend, Hubby would be gone for more like the rest of the month of April. Yeah, fun, not really.
LJ noticed Daddy not coming home the very first afternoon. Friday night was a bear of a night. He woke up two different times. Then, the second time, I brought him in to bed with me to try to calm him down and see if he would sleep better next to me since in his crib was not working. The moment I put him on the bed by his daddy's pillow, he started crying even more and just saying "daddy, daddy, daddy." Boy did that just tear my heart apart. I miss Hubby as it is when he has to go out of town for more than a day or two. This is the first trip he has taken that LJ has been aware of his absence and really been affected by it.
Today I went out and bought a webcam for my computer so that Hubby and I could use skype and LJ can see his daddy then. Well, as soon as Hubby's face came up on the screen, LJ was all smiles and giggled. I still had to take him for a car ride to get him to fall asleep. When I tried putting him is his crib the first time, he instantly clung to my shirt and started bawling. I hoped he would calm down and fall asleep, but after 5 minutes of listening to my little one just cry like he lost his favorite toy, I had to take him for a ride.
I could not have a repeat of last night. Last night, LJ was up until 11! Normally bedtime is 8. I tried everything last night and finally had to put him in his crib and let him cry himself to sleep. He was so exhausted, but wanted the little nap on the way home from dinner to be enough sleep for the evening. I really hope this week starts to go better than the weekend in terms of Little Boy getting better going to bed and all.
I do know one thing. He will be more than thrilled when his daddy comes home Saturday. Which I think is going to be a totally awesome birthday present all by itself!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.