Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Dec 20, 2010

Fudge coming soon

Last night was our big fudge night. It was also the night we celebrated my dad's birthday (it is really the 22nd). I was going to do my big pictorial post about it today, but today has gone totally haywire. After over a day of what I was hoping was Baby C stretching and a few other symptoms, the phone nurse felt otherwise and said I have to stay off my feet more than I am on them. At least for a few days to see if it helps. Hubby ended up with an extremely late day (he is still at work) so I ended up at my parent's house for the afternoon and evening whenever LJ was awake. I just could not stay off my feet and keep him from wanting to be on top of me or my belly. Yes, LJ likes to sit on my belly if he can, though I always tell him he can't.

The pictures from fudge night remain on my camera to hopefully be put on to my laptop and then into a post tomorrow. It was fun and tiring. We made four batches of fudge. If you don't remember the recipe for it you can look back at this post. But to sum it all up, 4 batches takes 2 pounds of butter, 8 bags of chocolate chips, 16 cups of sugar, 4 cans of evaporated milk, and 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Doesn't that just sound like the healthiest thing in the world? No? Well, good because it is the Holidays and we splurge!
I took a ton of pictures, so you will be able to see just what it takes to make that in one night plus my dad's favorite dinner (open faced bacon and sharp cheddar sandwiches). Oh what a night it was.

Until next time... Happy Christmas Preparations!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.