Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Dec 8, 2010

32 Week Update - 8 Pound Baby!?

Hello again all! Today marks 32 weeks gestation for me. Only 8 weeks left. I am happy about that. This pregnancy has been completely different from my first one and it has not been easy, but I do not want to dwell on the negative right now.
Today I had my doctor's appointment. All went pretty well. I was apparently very calm as my BP was only 100/70. Oh my. :) So far I have gained about 16-17 pounds. I know it isn't a ton, but that is just less that I have to try to lose after she is born.
I was talking to my doctor about size and such because I can tell my belly is bigger and everything. Well, I was shocked by what she told me. LJ was 6.3 at birth. Apparently, by the size of my belly at the moment and I guess her gut, my doctor tonight felt that Baby C could be close to 8 pounds at birth! I know plenty of women have had 8 pound babies, but giving birth to LJ at 6.3 was about what I was hoping for again this time around.
I am also hoping that if the birth is any longer than LJ's, that I have enough time to get some kind of assistance through it.
Overall, I am pretty content with where things are right now, though I do wish it wasn't as difficult to move around, but that is par for pregnancy at times. The end product is all worth it.
I don't have a picture, but let's just say, the belly is bigger than the last picture. I think Thanksgiving had something to do with it too. :)

Until next time ladies (and gents)... Happy Living!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

My experience is that doctors have a very difficult time guessing the weight. Mine said about 8 lbs, and he was 9lbs 2 oz, 2 weeks early. Oh and my labor was fast! I say don't worry too much, I am sure it will go well either way. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes, I am hoping to get into this whole second baby thing soon, and I started cloth later with the first one too.

Brittanie said...

Well you know my boys were 7lb 14oz and 9lb 1oz so..... :-) I think Connor was easier actually since i knew what I was doing and I think I was in less pain with him because body was used to having babies :-)

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.