Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Dec 4, 2011

I Love Christmas Time!

WARNING: This post will be a bit of stream of consciousness from an extremely excited lover of Christmas and all that it means and entails. 
Okay, I am getting so excited for Christmas it is not even funny. Now that I am hearing the music more, going to Christmas concerts, and having Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinners at church, I am completely ready for everything Christmas. At the end of the week, I brought down our one box of Christmas decorations and got our mantle all decked out. I also put up all of our stockings, including those of loved ones that are no longer around. Okay, so yes, one of those is for our late cat, but hey, we loved him too.
I have not quite Decked the Halls, but that will be done soon I am sure. If I can wait until Hubby gets home one afternoon this week, maybe then. Otherwise I may just have to find the bag with our lit garland and do it myself while he is at work.
You know, now my head is swirling with other ways to incorporate carols into this post? All because I said "Decked the Halls." Oh my. It also doesn't help that one of the blogs I read is having a really great event and one of her latest posts was about caroling. I of course now have to put in a nice little plug for that blog. ;) I would highly suggest AYearwithMomandDad.com if you want to follow along on her very own Bloggy Advent Calendar. Each day she is having something new to help get in the Christmas spirit, or get things ready for Christmas. It is a lot of fun and it is fueling my love for this season!
I am in love with watching LJ and BG fall in love with Christmas and this season as well. Right now BG is more into the lights and all things shiny, but LJ is learning what Christmas is all about and he loves it. He likes helping me decorate, learning about Baby Jesus and how special he was/is, and everything else we are doing this time of year.
Our next big thing will be putting up our tree and decorating it. I am excited to have LJ help us decorate the tree again this year. Yesterday we put up our outside lights, and it is too early to bake, so the tree is our next step. Yes, baking. That is a whole different part of this season. I tend to do a bit of baking of cookies and making of treats for friends and family and neighbors. It is something to show we are thinking about them and we love having them in our lives, but it is something more thoughtful than buying little trinkets at a store. Maybe LJ can help me a little more this year with that as well. If you have been reading this blog since last year, you may remember that we make fudge annually. Well, I am sure that is going to happen again this year. I know I have two batches of fudge to make myself, though it will not quite be like my mom's. I have two different flavors of morsels and at least one batch will have little yummy treats added into it when it is being made. I like to do things a little different at times.
The days are marching right along and there is much to do between now and Christmas. Some of those things are Christmas related while others are not. What are those "nots"? Well, right now I have two ladies who are pregnant with girls and due not too long after Christmas. Knowing my line of business, and you can figure what might be going on. Well, one lady even asked me to make her a diaper bag. So, that still needs to be done too. Of course I cannot stop there though. Of course.

Well, I better get back on track with preparing my heart, house, and family for this great Christmas Season.

Until next time... Happy Christmas Season preparing!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.