Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Sep 23, 2011

Thank Goodness for Pediatric Dentists

LJ is getting bigger every day. He is over three years old. I don't know where the time has gone really. I knew that he needed to go to the dentist for his first check-up. Until a few months ago we had one dental insurance, but the pediatric dentist that I used to go to was on on the list. I know that our regular dentist also takes kids, but how well do they handle kids when it is their first trip to the dentist and they are scared? I really had no clue and I didn't want LJ's first visit to the dentist to be a bad one.
I wanted to make sure that when I took him to his first dentist appointment, that he knew it would not hurt and that the dentist was not a bad thing. When I found out that our dental insurance was changing, I quickly looked up and saw my old dentist was on the list. I was thrilled.
Yesterday LJ had his very first dental appointment. At first he was scared and he did not want to cooperate. I understood that, but the dental assistant was great and worked with John until he was comfortable letting her see his teeth and he even let her brush his teeth with her "tickle" toothbrush. When it was time for the dentist to come and look at LJ's teeth, he again was wary, but Dr. Pyke let him move at his own pace of showing his teeth to the doctor and letting LJ hold the mirror that looks at the back of his teeth.
Did you know that over 50% of three year olds have cavities? I was happy when we learned that LJ did not have any in this visit. He will even have his name in the local paper as part of the no cavity club.
I am so happy that LJ's first time at the dentist could be a goodone. I am convinced that by taking him to a pediatric dentist made all the difference.
Do you take your kids to a special pediatric dentist or a family dentist? 
Does it make a difference in your mind?

Until next time... Happy Living!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.