Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Jul 26, 2010

1 down, 4 to go!

Today, I want to blog, but it is going to be more on life. I know I have had a couple of these types of posts lately, but I have so much going on in my life. I really enjoy blogging and I am bummed that so much has been going on that I don't have as much time to blog as I would like. Well, being a stay-at-home mom who just moved to a new house and is active in her church will keep a woman busy.
Today was the very first day of our Vacation Bible School! I am the director this year, so I have a lot on my plate. In past years I wasn't involved in VBS at all, I didn't have the time while I was working. Last summer He started leading me in the direction of leadership. I stepped up and we did the planning. I knew today would be the bumpiest day of all of them. This would be the day we find out what works, and what doesn't.
To my surprise, today went fantastically! The volunteers had a great day, I think the kids loved it, and I wasn't running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was wonderful! I had visions of people pulling me in every direction with all these questions of things I had never even thought about and tech problems, and all that fun stuff. We had what tried to be a tech problem, but it was cured with a simple restart of my husband's laptop (we are using that this week at VBS).
I am so glad that I can report that today was a good day. It makes me so happy to say that. I think everyone that is helping me this week has really grabbed a hold of my mantra for the week. Make it your own! I have given my great volunteers the tools they need for the week, now they can make this week their week. They will enjoy themselves and love the ministry they are doing for the kids. This week is ultimately about God. I have had people say this week is about the kids, but it is about teaching the kids about Him. If we love what we are doing, it is going to be His love shining.
I have been uplifted today, I just hope it continues. I have one day of VBS down, and we have 4 more to go. Then we get a small break before the big VBS BBQ we are having after church Sunday.
Until next time...Happy Living!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.