Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Dec 30, 2009

Diaper Patterns

So, I have thought, like many CDing mommas have I am sure, about making my own cloth diapers since I do my own sewing venture anyway. I have thought of liners and now making the diapers themselves. I wanted to share a few sites I have found and things I have learned. First off, I have found that it is easier than it originally seems it would be. At first I was thinking liners would be about as far as I could take my sewing experience. Now with the sites I have found, I think covers and fitteds or pockets are not out of my reach at all. I think one of my personal favorite sites for making a cloth diaper pattern is the Tutorial at Erin Joy Quilts. She really makes it an easy process to make a pattern that would be perfect for making diapers for your own little one. As long as you have the measurements you need, you can also make these for almost any baby, just making a new pattern or figuring out the right scaling say on a copier might work (I am thinking aloud).
There are also a ton, seriously a ton, of sites out there that offer free or paid patterns. One site that has links for you to look through is Celtic Cloths. I did find some really helpful sites through them and on their site itself. They also have some fabrics and other supplies available for sale through their site.
I did however find another site that I really like the looks of that sells the aplix and PUL material. I am thinking of buying some to test out my abilities to make a diaper or two. The name of that site is Sew Shoppe. The Sew Shoppe does also have a link for patterns as well.
I love all of the sites that you are able to find to help mommas learn to cloth diaper and to make their own diapers from what they have on hand or can quickly and easily buy online. There are a ton of links that I have saved over the last few weeks that I hope to slowly but surely share with you so that you too may come to love cloth diapering or the making of diapers.

1 comment:

Emily's Family said...

Lyn, I really think you ought to try to make some! Especially since you are already sewing and hey I can test them out for you! Haha. Just kidding!

I want to try to make some also, but I have not made huge things, so I gotta figure some stuff out!

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.