Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Oct 12, 2012

Can I have your Autograph?

Our trip to Disney World is getting ever closer. I can't believe it really. There have been a few things that I have wanted to make for the kids for this trip. One was a quietbook. We are driving down with the in-laws and that is a long trip. We are taking two days to drive down. Things to keep little ones occupied are a very good thing.
From the get go, I knew both kids would need an autograph book. Of course if I were to go to like a disney store or something, I am sure I could find some really cute books for the kids, but how much would they cost? Too much, in my opinion.
I decided I was going to make customized books for each child. I would find some form of a book with blank pages, and some cute fabric to cover the book. After searching long enough (like, every time I went to a store that had any form of fabric) I found two cute patterns for Disney. A quick trip to Michael's gave us our books. Hubby and I decided to use small sketch books. I had found some colored scratch pads at Big lots for a buck, but decided I didn't like them as much. The sketch books are spiral bound, whereas the other was just glue. Glue can easily fall apart and lose pages. Not Good!
Today I finally got around to making the books, and I am so happy with how they turned out. What took the longest time (once we had the materials) was figuring out exactly how I was going to put everything together to create the finished product I saw in my mind.
I love them! The kids seems to like them too. ;-)  Next I will have to share about their matching wallets...

Until next time... Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.