Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Apr 17, 2012

4 Years. Where has the time gone!

I cannot believe that my little man is 4 years old! His body may still be little, but inside he is such a big boy! I love watching him grow and develop into a little man. A gentleman at times too. The unprovoked " I love you mommy"s and the snuggles he randomly offers are so sweet and melt my heart.
The four year old attitude is one that plenty of times, I could live without. I am so grateful that those moments are not all that often in the grand scheme of things. I also know that my LJ is such a good boy compared to some out there. I think we all know those kind of kids. The ones that make you happy your little one is acting so well. :)
Anyway, back to topic....
LJ is 4. This year was the first year we had a "low key" party with just great grandparents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Of course this still meant we had a total of 20 people including our household. When my grandmother heard we were having a low key affair and then heard the number and saw the party, she did think that was so "low-key" but our definitions for many things differ. I like to celebrate our kids' birthdays with more of our family because it is such a happy thing. I know there are families that will just have those living in the house at the "party" and it is just a cake after maybe a special dinner. I like doing more because I find it fun and I love seeing the kids all get together and play together. That doesn't happen as much as I would like it to, even though my sister only lives 20 minutes away with her two boys. When "the boys" get together, they always have a blast. Sunday was no exception. I guess it did help though that LJ has a brand new racetrack in his backyard.
Yes, a racetrack. Pop came over on Friday and did everything needed to make a racetrack in the back portion of our fenced in yard. By Friday night, LJ had a blacktop track to ride bikes, skateboard, race RC cars, etc. It was a big hit on Sunday at the party, even for Uncle B and Uncle J. We fixed up two 12" bikes for LJ but as you can see, big boys rode them as well. Good times were had by all.
I think LJ likes the track because it is so much like Lightning McQueen having a racetrack to drive on. The movie Cars and Cars 2 are big in our house right now. Even the cupcake cake was Cars themed.

I can't believe my Little Man is 4 years old. Time has really flown by. Before I know it he will be in regular grade school and then all grown up. *Snif*
Wish they would stay babies always, but I also love watching them grow and mature and see where the Lord takes them in their walk with Him.
Until next time... Happy Living!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.