Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Oct 3, 2011

Baby Girl Growing Up (8 months)

Baby Girl is now 8 months old. I don't know where the time has gone really. She has two working on three teeth and now she has fallen asleep in her own crib twice now. Most times BG will come into our bed and nurse until she passes out. Then I pick her up and carry her over to her crib once Hubby and LJ are through their bedtime routine.
I know that she needs to learn to fall asleep on her own and in her own bed, but I really don't know how to do that when she nurses right before bed and just falls asleep while doing so. There have now been two nights in the last week where she has not fallen asleep while nursing. Then when we try to get her to go to sleep, nothing works. Finally we put her in her crib and eventually she falls asleep.
I don't like to let her learn the cry it out right now because she shares her room with her brother. I don't want her to wake him or keep him up at any point. I have enough sleep problems with him (but that is a different post). So, if BG fusses too much when trying to go to sleep or in the night, I go to get her pretty quick so she doesn't disturb LJ too much. I am very grateful for him being a heavy sleeper like his father. I will say that much!
Also, last Sunday my Baby Girl learned how to crawl full on. Now she is getting faster every day. She loves shoelaces, toes, and fingers. She loves to put anything in her mouth that she can get her hands on. She can hold a bottle with "mommy milk" or juice in it all by herself and she loves that!
Oh and did I mention that she almost pulled herself up to standing the other night? The only thing that stopped her was the foam of her brother's kiddy couch giving way under her weight. Oh my, my big girl is growing up was to fast!

Until Next time... Happy Living!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.