Home     About Me     Disclosure/PR     Affiliates     New to Cloth     FlatsChallenge

Dec 15, 2011

Big Plans for Childrens' Church

So, if you are a regular reader, you may remember me mentioning something about a party Christmas morning for the kids in one of my rooms at church. Well, I thought I would write a little post explaining this party a little more. I love this idea but completely forget where I got my inspiration. It may actually be from some curricula that I have been going through lately for the room.
photo courtesy: Wikipedia
Well, first off, the real reason we celebrate Christmas is what? Jesus' birth.
What do we all do when someone has a birthday? Have a birthday party!
Yes. We are having a birthday party for Jesus. I thought this could be a great way for the kids to remember more of why we have Christmas and that this really is the best time of year. (Well, now and Easter of course)
I have a cute little game for the kids to play (still all in my head). I am going to make a "pin the star on the tree" game for the kids, of course using tape instead of pins. We will play Christmas music during their time in the room and when they leave they will all get to take home their "Shepherd staff" candy cane. I taped the canes to a little picture that they can color in when they get home. I am hoping this will start to help them remember the shepherds that were watching their fields the night Jesus was born. I love finding the traditions that are so linked to the Christmas story, but are not always thought of in that way.
I also made poms-poms for the kids to play with and take home as well. I know LJ loves shaking some Penn State Pom-Poms that are at my mom's house, so I think the kids will really get a kick out of this.
I am really excited for this Christmas Birthday Party. I have to go over to the church sometime before Christmas to make sure I have it all decorated and ready for the party. Since Christmas is on Sunday, we are not having Sunday School before church like we normally do so that I will not have that time to set up.
Time is flying by quickly and there is much left for me to do.

Until next time... Merry Christmas Preparations!

No comments:

Reader Survey

Please feel free to complete this short survey to give me a better idea of who my readers are. Thank you!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.